Friday, May 13, 2011

Where the Tales Begin

Having a home cooked meal on the dinner table every night was something my mother and father did almost religiously while my sister and I were growing up.  Dinner time became a daily ritual where we would talk about the excitement and sometimes heartache the day had brought. If I was out playing down the driveway; most of you that have seen my house know our long driveway, the sound of my mother’s whistle brought me to the dinner table every night. Some of my most vivid childhood memories are in the kitchen with my mother. She is the true master of the kitchen (and should be the one starting this blog), an encyclopedia of knowledge, and has the ability to create a wonderful meal from the scraps in the refrigerator. 

As I grow older and start to fend for myself when it comes to cooking, I have found myself hounding and watching over my mother any chance I get, subscribing to multiple cooking magazines, and watching some of my favorite girls on the Food Network Channel. Needless to say, the recipes that I will be sharing come from many different sources. I am starting my cooking journey now at the young age of 23 in order to develop and gain the skills in the kitchen that I will need when I have a family of my own. I want my children to look at me like I look at my mother now, an endless body of knowledge and surprises when it comes to making a meal. It is my hope that many of you will take my tales and apply them to your kitchen and never let the art of learning and cooking go out of style. So this is where it will all begin... 

2 comments:

  1. As one of the official "food tasters" I must comment on how yummy these recipes are!! It's even better that I don't have to make it myself and still get to enjoy it! What a great cook you are Christina!

    ReplyDelete