Monday, September 12, 2011

Chicken Yellow Curry

Prep: 10 minutes  Cook: 20 minutes
When I first met my boyfriend’s parents, we went to a little Thai food restaurant called Table for Two located in Riverside. I was really nervous because one I was meeting Blair’s parents for the first time and two because I had never eaten Thai food and was stressed as to what I would have to order. To make a long story short I fell in love with two things that night; Blair’s parents and the yellow curry. Of course, I was too scared to order it but Blair did and I think I ate more of his food than he did! Since then I have been trying to perfect a recipe that I could make at home and enjoy eating spoonfuls all to myself. If you have never enjoyed curry before it is a must and is so delicious! Enjoy!

Ingredients

2 Serrano chilies, halved and seeded
1 carrot, peeled and cut into small chunks
1 onion diced
¾ oz. fresh ginger; peeled- don’t skip this! It add so much flavor
2 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
13.5 oz. can coconut milk
1 ½ tsp. curry powder
4 boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and cut into cubes
1 cup white rice

The Process
1.    In a frying with a little oil, cook lightly seasoned chicken breast until no longer pink inside. Cut into cubes. 

2.    In a medium pan, add 1 cup white rice and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil then lower the heat and cover until the rice has absorbed all the water and is fluffy.
3.    Finely chop (or put into a food processor) Serrano’s, carrot, onion, and ginger. Combine making it look like a marinade. 
4.    Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; add vegetables and cook to soften; about 3 minutes

5.    Add coconut milk and curry powder and bring to simmer; add chicken and simmer until cooked through, 3-5 minutes

6.    Season with salt and serve over white rice.

7.    Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment